Friday, February 24

Mea Culpa

I am happy to make fun of distracted drivers as I ride self-righteously around the city, but last night I got distracted on Grand and almost kissed the back bumper of a delivery van. The funny thing was that it hadn't been rolling-it would have been like riding straight into a wall because I was looking backwards instead of forwards. So, my fault, I'll try to pay more attention next time.

And I got the address of the chief of police for Glendale in case anyone wants to write them a compliment or offer constructive criticism for that friday night:
Chief Randy Adams
Glendale Police Department
131 N. Isabel St.
Glendale Ca 91206

2 comments:

Will said...

Your near-miss reminded me of my own similar experience, though I was just a punk middle-schooler at the time. Making a left onto a sidestreet too wide I plowed right into the rear of a van parked at the curb. But worse I can't say I wasn't paying attention by looking behind me at the time. I just drove right smack into the back of the thing. Fortunately there was no one around to laugh their ass off as I picked mine up off the asphalt and limped the rest of the way home.

Nate said...

I plowed into a parked car as a middle schooler as well. First thing I did was look around to see if anybody had seen me eat it. Then I checked for wounds and high-tailed it out of there. It's good to be able to laugh at it now.